Saturday 7 June 2014

I Can Be Nigeria’s Lionel Messi– "Babatunde Michael"

Super Eagles star , Babatunde Michael, has said
that he might emerge as the Nigeria’s version of
Argentina’s star, Messi, when the World
Cup 2014 gets underway in Brazil next month, if
he makes the final cut.
Michael’s invitation has recently been greeted
with lots of criticisms, but the former Heartland player told SportingLife that he will justify
his inclusion in the team by fighting for a place.
He said: “Great players like Lionel Messi, Cristiano
Ronaldo and others gained their international
recognition starting as inexperienced players but
today they have matured and doing well.
“I am going to make sure I become Nigeria’s
Lionel Messi in Brazil 2014
It’s all about having the right chances. As a
matter of fact, it will be an opportunity to repay
the coaching crew for the confidence
reposed in me.
“World Cup is a good platform for young players
like me to exhibit our potentials”.
I am ready to work hard and prove that the
decision by the coach was right."

No comments: