Tuesday 3 December 2013

Ann njenanze on older husband issue.

In a recent interview with
Leadership Newspaper, actress Ann
Njemanze admitted being older
than her new husband, Silver
Ojieson. Ann and Silver got married
on Saturday Nov. 9th after courting
for several months.
"Yes he is (younger), with a
few years. My husband and I
do not share up to 5 years
difference and he is not
bothered about it." Ann said in
the interview
She also talked about how they met
and how he proposed. Find that
after the cut...
How did you meet your husband?
My husband, Silver Ijieson is a
lecturer. I met him at a lecture
organized by the University of
Lagos some 3 years back. Dr.
Barclays Oyakeruma was supposed
to give a lecture that day titled,
‘Nollywood and its effect on
globalization’. My colleagues who
were at the lecture encouraged me
to come back and further my
studies, I gave the excuse of no
time. But Dr Oyakeruma urged me
to enroll so as to broaden my
knowledge. So a senior colleague of
mine, Martins Odaji introduced me
to my husband and we exchanged
pleasantries and he said that if I
needed help with my studies, I
should not fail to call on him. A
year later we met at the point of
registering for my program.
When did he propose?
He proposed to me early this year;
he just said he was going to marry
me. I took it for granted, like he was
just joking about it. I never saw the
possibility because then he did not
know much about me. I thought he
just saw a woman he could
exchange a lot of ideas with. He
proposed to me properly seven
months later, he gave me a ring. He
was shaking all over like a leaf. He
is light complexioned, so as he was
proposing, he was all read. I love
him so much because he is very
courageous.
Has he ever been married before?
No, he’s never been married, no
way. This is his last marriage in
Jesus name. He is the only son of
his parents too from Edo State.
Do you regret your first marriage?
Regret it? My daughter is taller and
finer than I am. She is the headgirl
of her school. In less than 2 weeks,
she is going for a photo shoot. At
16, she has started earning money.
She is writing for a magazine and
you ask if I regret it? I thank him
(Segun Arinze)!! Without him I
would not have met my Silver.
Are you not afraid that your
marriage might crash again?
No! I reject it. We have our
differences, just like other couples
do, but it is not enough to say, we
no do again. Before we got married,
we told ourselves that divorce and
separation are no option.

No comments: